Chaotic Mom
Last week was incredibly upside down in our house. I was supposed to travel to Ft Hood, but due to weather was home with my children. As much as I LOVE the snow, I found it difficult to keep up with my own personal challenges. This week I am busy playing "catch-up".

Some people have told me that writing anything is difficult for them. I understand that. For me to sit down and write, I need a quiet home, with no little boys running rampant and hunting each other with their Nerf guns. First I clear my mind with some "quiet time", get my thoughts down in a little outline with notes, put on some good 80's background music and write. That's when my phone usually starts ringing. I take the call, then remember to turn the phones OFF.

On my desk you'll find a little timer. I'll sit down on some days and just challenge myself to write 15 minutes. By the end of those 15 minutes I'm usually deep in a thought and spend even more time writing. If the timer goes off and I find myself stumped at the keyboard, I allow myself a little break of treadmill time or tea.

I challenge myself to write every single day. Your personal challenge may be to just write that one essay you have knocking around in your noggin. The deadline for essay submission is March 15th, plenty of time for you to gather your thoughts and get them on paper (or virtual "electronic paper", anyway). I have met many wonderful people in my 20 years as an Army wife; each person has had their own special story and wisdom to share.

What's your story? What have you learned? By sitting down and getting those thoughts out on paper, your story and experiences may very well help another spouse who may someday walk in your shoes. I challenge you to schedule some time to sit down and work on your essay sometime soon.

Remember, I am not grading what you write--JUST WRITE. I am here to help you edit your essay and bring what you have learned to others. ;)
Labels: , edit post